Good Day :Public Opinion about the Contradiction between the "Defeat" and "Withdrawal"! (1-2)
139 comments in less than half an hour; this is what had happened after Sudan Tribune published the news of "Khartoum victory" or "Juba withdrawal". The speed of the comments was faster than you can read and follow but I spent hours after that to analyze the public opinion, especially from South Sudanese people. Here are some of the most objective comments. The news: Sudan announced on Friday that its armed forces had defeated South Sudan’s army and regained full control of the oil-producing region of Higlig, shortly after Juba announced an immediate withdrawal of its army.
Kiir did not explain our position clearly to UN and AU. Our soldiers died for nothing and SAF will advance beyond Panthou (Higlig). We will now fight the war deep inside South Sudan. Timing is bad after Al Bashir called us insects.
No offense, but our President Kiir completely disappoint us, the South Sudanese citizens, especially our troops.
- What explanation do you expect from this Kiir? His leadership is like the leadership of a sheep leading lions. He has completely failed together with his foreign minister who has never been abroad since his appointment to represent us. He has humiliated the liberation movement. He and his cabinet deserve a vote of no confidence, so that they go back to their villages.
- South Sudan did this for its own political interest. The South has been misunderstood internationally. Remember, SPLA have captured this town twice already. The third time will be the end of NCP in the North.
- I truly agree with you brother! But we should not exert this blame on our Government in Juba because we are a young nation. We just got approve to be a member of international monetary fund member last week. It is true that our diplomacy did not convince the international community. But this SPLA withdrawal is just a justification to the international bodies.
- Ban Ki Moon ignorance proved his support to (Omar Al Bashir). Dr. Garang described UNSC as another (Jahadish) group which become true now. Time will prove Ki-Moon weakness.
- Kiir must resign immediately after SPLA withdrawal from Panthou. He destroyed the moral of SPLA and their lives by asking them to withdraw simply. If we believe Panthou is ours why we listen to ignorance man so call Ki Moon? All world powers got their own problems: Russia an USA Alaska no body withdraw, China invaded Philippians sea and refused to withdraw, why not us?
By Mekki Elmograbi, 21/04/2012